To file a foreign application claiming priority under the Paris convention, you are requested to file the application documents (translation) directly before the patent office of the countries in which you wish to file your application, within one year of the filing date of the domestic application.
When the countries in which the application will be filed have already been decided and if this number is small, applications under the Paris convention is advantageous from the points of view of saving time and money when compared to applications under the PCT.
Hirota & Associates cooperates with foreign patent firms and provides a full range of services from filing to registration, and annuity management.
- Counseling on foreign applications
- Preparation of filing documents for foreign applications, filing procedures
- Preparation and filing of translation, correspondence with the patent office
- Deadline management including payment of registration fee, annuity management, filing of translation, etc.
- Correspondence with the foreign patent firms concerning the above procedures