With the rapid globalization of the world, people are actively seeking global protection of intellectual properties.
If you file an international application in the Japanese language under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) within one year of the filing date of a domestic application, you will be able to file the national stage applications in the countries of your choice (including Japan) by submitting a translation of the application documents within 30 months of the filing date of the domestic application.
International applications under the PCT are more handy for applicants compared to applications under the Paris Convention, in that the applications under the PCT will give you more time to consider which countries your application is filed in, and furthermore you will be able to avoid unnecessary translation fees.
Hirota & Associates provides reliable services covering filing of the PCT applications, deadline management, translation, and services necessary for the national stage application in each country (in all the designated states).
- Counseling on PCT applications
- Preparation of filing documents for PCT applications, filing procedures
- Filing a demand for preliminary examination, procedures for entry into the national phase, translation, filing, etc.
- Correspondence with the patent office after preliminary examination, entry into the national phase
- Deadline management including payment of registration fee, annuity management, entry into the national phase, filing of translation, etc.
- Correspondence with the foreign patent firms concerning the above procedures